Saturday, October 17, 2009

Article Published in Gulf today on 17,Oct.09.Uae.

Depth of

friendship

However careful one may be, at times we tend to make mistakes.

One such unforgettable incident happened to me on my departure day from the great country, UAE. I had booked my ticket to India on Oct.14, at 2-45. I mistook it as 2.45pm. When I checked in, I was shocked to hear from the airline staff that my flight had left. I felt bad. The mistake was mine. In spite of the airline confirmation on SMS, I did not check up properly.

Such incidents have happened to my friends also. I always tell my friends to check the day and time. Immediately after hearing my predicament, one friend joked: "Probably, the UAE does not want you to leave early as you love it so much."

I took the night flight on the same day and reached my home country. Apart from staying for 16 years in the country, this incident made me realise the depth of true friendship.

Many offered to bring lunch and dinner as I stayed at the airport for more then nine hours.

K. Ragavan

No comments: