Saturday, May 28, 2011

Letter.

K. Ragavan Letter Published in Khaleej times,UAE on 29.May.11K.T.Readers speak
Retired from UAE
Chennai, India

My worst experience with a doctor was when I was working in India. I took my friend for treatment to a doctor as he was suffering from severe stomachache. After the examination was over, the doctor gave us a prescription with the names of medicines to be taken for two days. I rushed to the next pharmacy, showed the prescription and was told the medicines weren’t available. Immediately, I rushed to another shop but they weren’t available there either. Since my friend was in pain I was upset. We went to another shop and got the same reply. But the chemist there told me: ‘Sir, this product won’t be available in this place. You have to go to Madurai.’ When I asked why, he said: “This is a homeopathic medicine. We don’t stock them. You went to a homeopathic doctor.” I requested the chemist to give me some medicine to relieve my friend’s pain. He gave me a tablet, which relieved the pain within an hour.
While returning I saw the board of the doctor where I had taken my friend. It read “M.D. (Glascow.H)”. Not noticing the “H” had caused all the problem. Whenever I think about that incident it makes me laugh

No comments: