Friday, November 15, 2013

Article (326).

Enduring hardships                Article Published in The Gulf Today Uae on 16 Nov 13 (Article 326)

I was telling my friend that whatever happens in life we have to endure.

When he looked puzzled, I shared my personal experience.

It happened to my eldest daughter on September 16, 1983. I was working for a pharmaceutical company and travelled a lot. That day, I returned to my hotel after watching a movie.

I got a message from the hotel manager that my 10-year-old daughter had suffered a fracture in her right hand. I panicked. One of my friends had her admitted to a hospital in Mysore. The next day I rushed to the hospital. She had a bandage and the doctor said she had to undergo a surgery. For no fault of her, she had to suffer. One of her friends had twisted her hand violently.

After the surgery, the doctor comforted us saying there was nothing to worry. She had physiotherapy and shock treatments. Even now, she has a big scar on her right hand. Whenever I see that scar, I wonder why this happened to her! She is quiet, calm and pious.

Exactly two decades after this incident, she is happily married and I am happy to see her driving a car in the UAE with her three lovely children.

Such incidents happen in everyone’s life in different ways. It is better to accept and move on than to regret and turn a pessimist.
K. Ragavan

No comments: