Friday, November 20, 2015

Article 430.

Article Published in The Gulf Today UAE on 21Nov15  My(Article 430)

Unforgettable Jaffrey

I was watching the news on television about the demise of Indian-born British actor Saeed Jaffrey. Incidentally, that same evening one of my friends had arranged to watch the film Gandhi with other acquaintances at his home. When I informed him about the actor’s demise, he was shocked. 

As per the plan we all assembled at my friend’s residence and discussed the actor’s fruitful career both in theatre and films. The versatile actor had performed a brilliant role as Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in the film Gandhi. His performances were super in films like Shatranj ke Khiladi and Khudgarz.

We could hardly watch the film as most of our discussion was focused on the unforgettable Jaffrey. 
K. Ragavan

No comments: