Friday, April 1, 2016

Article 449.

Article Published in The Gulf Today UAE on 2April 16,(My Article 449)

Cool day

I was reading a newspaper when I received a call. “My name is AC. Please suggest me a good brand air-conditioner,” said the voice.  At first, I thought someone was playing a prank, but then I realised the voice was familiar. While I was trying to recollect how he knew me, AC himself broke the suspense.

“I had met you at a shopping complex. I took your phone number and during our conversation you mentioned that you had worked in the UAE before retiring. So I thought you would know the best brand names as the UAE has all big brands,” he continued. 

He had introduced his name as AC instead of his lengthy original name, Arumugam Chidambaram. I suggested a brand and he was happy. It turned out to be a cool day as I had a chance to talk to a good friend. 
K. Ragavan

No comments: