Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Letter.

   Letter Published in The National UAE on 14Mar 19The landmarks at Pisa are worth remembering
I write in reference to your article My kind of place: Pisa, Italy (13 March). Rudolph Abraham’s travel piece was a really good read. Landmarks across the world are all important in their own ways, but few are likely to be remembered forever. Pisa, however, is certainly a place to be remembered.
Incidentally, my youngest daughter is currently on a tour to Rome and a few other cities and towns in Italy. She landed this week on a flight from the US, where she lives.I sincerely hope she will be visiting the famous leaning tower of Pisa.
Personally, I have long been fascinated by Italy, not least because I worked for years for a pharmaceutical company that collaborated with an Italian firm. It truly is a wonderful country. This excellent piece did it justice.
K Ragavan, Bengaluru

No comments: