Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Faithful friend.

I can not for get my good old Madurai days.It was  in the year 1973  i was working in Madurai city for a Pharmaceutical Company .  in our house we had a dog called Tomy. Initially i was not having much attachment but later i developed a liking for it's faithful and sincere watchman ship ..My younger brother who is only brought Tomy .At that time it was three years old looking very tall and running in our house from  back yard to  front gate. People used to afraid to come  to our house because of Tomy.Even though he does n't bite.My dad   is fond of gardening and takes more interest in cultivating Vegetables and flowers ,particularly Roses with different varieties. Every one in our house tell that our Dad's hands  are  very lucky and what ever he puts that will grow  nicely..From Tomoto,Green chilly,Pumpkin ,Banana ,and roses particularly in front of our gate.My name board  in front of the house and our Tomy  in the front area are the identity of my house .Normally i invite friends on Sundays for lunch.Many of  my friends come for work to Madurai.Since i worked for a pharmaceutical company i do travel a lot and meet different type of other company friends on tour .When they come to my place  i invite them for lunch.My mother is a wonderful  l cook  prepares various dishes and  varieties of sweets.When ever my friends comes for lunch she prepares MysorePak which was liked by my friends.
On one day  in the hot summer we were inside the house sleeping and it was two p.m.
We were fast asleep and suddenly we were hearing Tomy's big roaring sound from the front  door.When i came i saw one fellow was plucking  our roses and seeing me  dropped bunch of roses and ran away. I saw my dad's sad face.He has grown those roses  with love and dedication.Every one passing through our house their eyes will be in our front Rose garden which my dad grown  with different Colous through his magical  hands.
Then i  realized the importance of keeping a faithful  friend like Tomy living in an independent house..When ever we sit for lunch Tomy will be watching.Once it's plate kept than only it will come from the front gate.Days was passing smoothly and one day i returned from tour i was missing  my Tomy when i entered in my house.
My younger brother was sitting  with  sad face.My mother explained me that our beloved dog tomy  was killed while it was crossing to the opposite house when  the neighbor called Tomy by a Motor cycle fellow and ran away.I was shocked it was with us for nearly four years with dedication and faithful.My father remembered  Tomy's protection for his dedicated Roses.After few days we all in our family came to normal.I have decided not to go for another faithful friend for the reason I can not with stand the  loss.Even today i am not favoring my grand son's wish for keeping a dog.
K.Ragavan
Bengaluru
www.ragavan-creativity.blogspot.com

No comments: