Saturday, July 5, 2014

Article 358.

Article Published in The Gulf Today UAE on 5July 14(358)

Unexpected friendship

Before going to New York for a week, I met my friend and informed him of my travel plans. His smile immediately vanished off his face, and he said, “Sir, I will miss you during this week.” I had met him during one of my walks, less than two months ago. 

His feelings were completely unexpected, yet pleasantly surprising. I hadn’t realised that we had become such good friends and this thought made me beam with happiness. 

While the two of us continued our walk, I saw a patch of beautiful flowers growing in the distance and was reminded of a quote by Marcel Proust, “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
K. Ragavan, Denver

No comments: