Friday, August 14, 2009

Article Published in Gulf today on 15.August.09.Uae.

The joy

of sharing

Recently, I met a friend at his office.

As soon as he saw me, he said he was about to call me to share his happiness.

"What's the matter?"

"My son is leaving for the US for higher studies."

"When?" I asked.

"On Saturday early morning flight," he replied.

I was pleased. Incidentally, that day happens to be India's memorable day - the Independence Day.

I congratulated him on his son's bon voyage on such an auspicious day.

Last year I had seen the boy's medals in music competitions and had written a short take about his achievements. That time, I had wished my friend that his son scores well in academics. Now, the blessing has come true.

Good intentions yield good results.

K. Ragavan

No comments: