Friday, August 24, 2012

Article 265.

Reliving golden bonds Article Published in The Gulf Today,UAE on 25 Aug 12 (265)

Friendships stand the test of time — and distance.

One fine evening last week, while I was at home in my native place, I received a couple of phone calls from old friends who had arrived from the UAE on vacation to India.

Since they too were holidaying at my native place, and wished to visit me and my family, they wanted to know whether I would be in my hometown or away in Bangalore, where I make frequent visits to see my children, who are settled there.

I told them I would be very much in my hometown and that I would be happy to host them at my home any time.

Both are residing in Sharjah which was my second home for many years. It warmed the cockles of my heart that even after my departure from the cultural haven that Sharjah was and is, they remember me so fondly. I was ever so happy to relive the old memories.

I have made numerous friends during my long years in Sharjah, all of whom make me proud of the UAE connection established in various sectors - in journalism, and so many other walks of life.
K. Ragavan

No comments: