Friday, December 23, 2016

Article 497.

Article Published in The Gulf Today UAE on 24 Dec 16, (My Article 497)

Proper greeting

While some acquaintances greet us wholeheartedly, there are quite a few who turn their face away even when we cross each other as if they have never seen us before. 

Last week, I said “Hello” to a person I knew for long, but was surprised when he did not even respond. Yesterday, I happened to meet the same person and he hugged me with a broad smile asking, “How are you doing?”

It was then I realised that such people do not mean to offend us, but are lost in their own list of worries and problems. 

Recently, I was impressed when a person I was introduced to greeted me with a broad smile. Saying  “Hi” or “Hello” without any expression does not amount to wishing at all. 
K. Ragavan

No comments: