Thursday, December 1, 2016

LetterPublished in GulfNews UAE on 2 Dec 16

Never forget the memories
I remember before the UAE was formed by the union – I was  twentysix years old. Later the beautiful Ras Al Khaimah was added, making it the seven wonderful emirates. I have seen National Day events on television for nearly 15 years and I attended it once in Dubai. It was very colourful, lively and full of entertainment. All the emirates celebrate this great day. School children participate and the army parade is most spectacular. The police department’s participation at sports events are one of the main attractions and the cycle parade will add to this. Dubai-based world famous Emirates airline participates as well on this day. Many will be rewarded for their achievements.
Even though I am not there physically, my mind is wishing the UAE people the very best in the coming National Days for peaceful living and prosperity in all areas. My memories won’t go easily because a lovely remarkable memory will always be with us.
From Mr K. Ragavan
Bengaluru, India

No comments: