Saturday, April 20, 2019

Letter.

Letter Published in Gulf News UAE on 21April 19 Don’t forget the middle classes
This is in reference to the recent election manifesto presented by the Bharatiya Janata Party for the elections. Personally, I am unsure of what to make of the BJP’s latest move. On one hand, I am happy that the ruling government has addressed major Indian problems such as national security, the living conditions of farmers and plans to implement welfare programs, but on the other hand the middle class has been clearly neglected during this campaign. Non-pensioner’s deposit rates continues to rise and life is harder for us now. As a non-pensioner myself, I suffer from rampant inflation and a higher cost of living. Even earlier, non-pensioners are neglected. This is a delicate issue the new government should address without further delay. I do hope the BJP will give more thought to this point in the future.
From Mr K. Ragavan
Bengaluru, India

No comments: