Friday, July 31, 2015

Article 414.

Article  Published in The Gulf Today UAE  on 1August 15,(Article 414)

An inspirational figure

A few days back I was watching on TV former Indian President Dr A P J Abdul Kalam’s funeral. More than half a million people from different parts of India had come to pay their last respects to this great Leader, Scientist and above  all a wonderful human being. I was remembering one incident when I was in the UAE.

The former president was addressing a meeting in Abu Dhabi, if I am correct. During his address, he identified a driver whom he knew. He called him and discussed with him his job and family. This made me admire his simple and down-to-earth nature. He is a teacher, scientist, politician and above all a good visionary for his country’s future. He was respected by people from all walks of life, particularly students. One of the  few rare leaders who command respect. I salute this great personality.
K.Ragavan

No comments: