Friday, June 11, 2010

Article Published in The Gulf Today on 12.June.10.

Noble service

A few days back, a friend of mine asked me to visit an important restaurant in Singapore. I asked him what the importance was but he refused to reveal the reason, and asked me to go and see.

One Friday evening, my family members and I reached the restaurant mentioned by my friend. On the reception counter, an elderly gentleman welcomed us with a pleasing smile. He asked how many of us had come for dining. I told him the number and he arranged seats for all of us.

The food was delicious and sweets were also nice. The service is unforgettable (with a pleasing smile). I was wondering what the specialty of the restaurant was apart from this. I directly asked the elderly gentleman who had received me. He gave the answer and I was stunned.

All the serving people of both sexes are qualified professionals of various fields. They are doing this as a yeoman service, without getting any salary. Above all the food that you are taking, there is no tariff. Whatever you wish, you can give.

I admired those volunteers, who, without seeing any prestige, serve the public. I thanked my friend for asking me to visit that restaurant.
K. Ragavan

No comments: