Friday, July 31, 2009

Article Published in Gulf today on 1.August.09.Uae.

Unwanted

stunts

A few days ago, I was watching news from a famous Indian channel.

I was enjoying the debates and arguments, but suddenly witnessed an unpleasant scene. That was in one Indian school from tamil Nadu state. Students were performing stunt games and an innocent girl died. I was shocked. The school authorities insisted that they conducting the event after taking the consent of the parents.

I received a call from my friend at that moment asking me whether I was aware of the incident. Incidentally, he was also watching the same programme.

I asked him what he felt about it. "I will simply sue the school if they had treated my son like this."

I remember in films they flash a statutory warning during stunt scenes, "Do not imitate this, only experts can perform this." Was that school's physical training teacher really capable of handling stunts? I felt depressed that day after watching the idiot box.

K. Ragavan

No comments: