Sunday, July 19, 2009

Letter Published on 30.july,Thenational,Abudhabi.uae.
July 30, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Further killings in Iraq lamentable
Your story “Female suicide bombers end quiet spell in Baghdad” (July 29) was tragic and painful to read.

For more than half a decade the Iraqi people have been facing only horrifying experiences, either from external forces or terrorists.

It is a pity that 25 devotees were killed as they headed for a major ceremony. The attack was perpetrated by three women suicide bombers and that is unacceptable.

Ultimately, the sufferers are civilians including women and children. This attack should be condemned by all.

K. Ragavan, Ajman

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

LetterPublished in Thenational.july28.Abudhabi.uae.
July 28, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Attack on hospital unacceptable
The brutal attack in the western Indian city of Ahmedabad is shocking and horrifying. The fact that the attack targeted a major hospital is unacceptable. The textile city is losing its charm because of these deadly attacks. There is no excuse for an attack of this nature; life is more precious than any ideology. It is time the government of India tightened its security measures and cracked down on people who perpetrate acts like this. I pray for the victims and their families.

K Ragavan, Ajman

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Letter published inKhaleejtimes on 27.july.08.uae
July 27, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Bangalore blasts

27 July 2008

THE top story in your newspaper ‘Bangalore rocked’ (KT, July 26) was painful to read. The silicon land of India, Bangalore, which is also famous as the city of gardens, was again targeted by terrorists. But the more painful is that after the repeated terror attacks in every major city of India, the perpetrators remain at large. Our police, though show initial alert and ready for investigation, dampens its spirit after a few days. There must a full-fledged strategy to fight terror and all those pending probes should be completed on time successfully.
- K. Ragavan, Ajman

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Article Published inGulf today on 19.July.08.U.A.E
July 19, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Age less voice

IAdmire marketing professionals,not because Iam alsoone,but because it requires tremondus patience,perseverance,and zeal.Recantly,Ireceivedcalls from various banks totake theircreditcards or personal loan.Ialready possess a creditcard from a reputed bank for nine years.Asales executive called me pseveraltimes seekingto meet me.Idid not wantto discourage a marketing professional and agreed.One day,at our newly openedbranch office in Sharjah,Inoticed a person at therecption looking pensive andhassled.May,I help you? I asked.Icame to see aperson,probablyhe has not come,he replied.When asked who the person he was looking for was,he mentioned my name.It’s me ,Iintoduced myself.But you are a marketing executive?he questioned visiblyshocked and surprised.The guy was the same one who had been pressing me to go for a credit card.Obviously,frommy voice he could not have surmised that my age was 60plus.Voice has nothing to dowith age.Iconsoled him andpromised to introduce my friends who are looking for a credit card.

K.Ragavan

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Letter Published in Khaleejtimes(weekend)on 18.July.08.u.a.e.
July 18, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Flying high

This is with regard to the cover story,survivalof the fittest,byPratibhaUmashakar(July4)It was informative as wellas interesting.AkbarAlBaker’s observations and opinions about the AviationIndustryand his optimism about its growth are correct.To Survive,one should deliver quality and Efficient Service.Ihave been seeing the growth of Qat ar Air ways for some time now, and it has proved this Phylosophy right.Good article

K.Ragavan.Ajman

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Article Published in Gulf to day on 12.july.08.uae.
July 12, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Lion and the mouse story

What ever good deed is done to othersgets rewarded some wayor the other,at least I foundout last week. Iwas waiting near Al mulla plaza forataxi toreach Sharjah for more than an hour.The mercury wasat its peak.Threre was no sign of any cabbie even halting to ask mewhere I was heading.Suddenly,a Land crusier halted in front of me.Ilooked all aroundto checkif it wasfor some one else,but no body was near me.The motorist called out.Get ,in I will drop you at Sharjah.

Iwas taken a back,I did not remember where I had met him.The getlemanexplained.Afew days back you gave me adirham coin when I wasparking my car at bank street.It was then that I recollected he paisd a five dirham note andwas checking out for a coin.When we got acquainted.Hetook my business card at dropped me at Rolla .Irememberedthe Lionand the Mouse story.

K.Ragavan

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Letter PUBLISHED IN kHALEEJTIMES ON 10.JULY.08.UAE.
July 10, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
to UAE

10 July 2008

THE waiver of $7 billion of Iraqi debts by the UAE is to be widely applauded.

It was indeed a noble gesture by the President, His Highness Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, towards the long-suffering people of Iraq as they attempt to rebuild their shattered country.

In the future the UAE will certainly have good trading and strong cultural relationship with Iraq. Kudos to the UAE.


- K. Ragavan, Ajman



Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Article published in Gulf to day on 12.Jan.08.uae.
July 9, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Film with a message

Ihardly watch films,but the one I saw recently had a socialmessagethat touched my heart.The hindi movie ofactor AamikhanTaareZameenPar left a deep impact on me and my grand children.While watching the filmmy grabnd son asked,Why is this boy(themaincharacter)not able to readletters.Iexplained This boy is suffering from a disorder called Dyslexia.Grandpa,this boy issmart and paints well.Are there lotsof boys who face this problem?Iwas happy about thequestion,because not onlymy grand son ,many parents are unaware of such children’s condition.All children are not same.Some children are sensitive or slow,while others grasp fast.I dislikeparents putting too much pressureon childrento score.Not allchildren who score highest marks are success stories,and not all who score lesser marksare failures in life.The film was so gripping that my grand vchildrenrefused to take popcorn during the interval.

K.Ragavan

Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments »

Article Published inGulf to day on 5.July.08.uae.
July 5, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Better half,better luck

Luck plays a crucial part when one decides to purchase electronicitems like T.V,computer or a laptop at a reasonableprice.Afriend enquired from me which lap top was good as wellas in expensive.Leading popular brands cost betweendms.3500-4000,which he felt was on a higherside.

But he wanted a.particular brandthat he knew he could not affordIf you want quality,you have to pay.Iarguedwith him.He dropped the idea.After a few days he calledme again to enquire which brand I was using and theprice.When I mentioned it,he was taken a back.We went to the mall wherei purchased it and was shocked to know that the price had shotup by 35percent.He again droppedthe idea of buying a laptop.It wasmy betterhalf who had boughtthe laptop just to spring a surprise forme.At thattime a special promotion was on.Who called betterhalf bitter half?.

K.Ragavan

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Article published in Gulf today on 24.may.08.uae.
July 4, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Of sight, site and website Article published on 7 june.08.Gulftoday.uae.
It was a sunny morning and I was sipping my hot tea. The only sound that I could hear was chirping of birds when all of a sudden my phone started ringing.

It was a old friend on the line. My happiness knew no bounds to receive a call from him. He congratulated me for buying a site. I told him that I hadn’t made any investment in any property but thanked him for calling me.

No sooner had I hung up than I received another call. One of my clients rang up and greeted me. He added that how it helps in buying real estate when you have a decent saving.

Both these calls had left me wondering when a third call came my way.

It made me think why people are congratulating me for something that I don’t have. The answer came from my little niece who solved the puzzle for me.

She systematically explained that since now I have a website people are confusing it with a building site.

How farsighted, is all I can say for the little child.

K Ragavan

1 comment:

Unknown said...


We are certified financial company. We loan at reasonable rates 3% P.A. Personal Loan or Consolidation, Car, Investment, house loan, mortgage loan, etc is given to employees working in Private Limited Company, Public Limited Company, Government Sector, We have special scheme to Credit Card Holder, Insurance Policy Holders Documents Required:- Photograph, Residence Proof address or office address of Existing Company, contact us today and put a stop to your financial problem.email:perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com