Sunday, July 19, 2009

Letter Published in Gulf news on May.19.08.U.a.e.
May 19, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Alarming fires
It is alarming to see several fires breaking out all over the country (”Fire breaks out on skyscraper at Dubai’s Internet City”, Gulf News, May 14).

The loss, in terms of money and causalities, is a sad state of affairs. Despite the Civil Defence’s periodic check ups, the situation remains the same.

Those with insurance must adhere to the rules and keep the necessary equipment at hand.

Precautionary measures against fire are the right way forward.
From K. Ragavan
Ajman
Gulf News Reader’s Club member

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Letter Published in The National,Abudhabi.on18.May.08.U.a.e.
May 18, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Clamp down on drink driving
» Last Updated: May 17. 2008 9:34PM UAE / May 17. 2008 5:34PM GMT
» Send to friend
» Have your say


Your leading article Time for action against the drink-drivers (Opinion, May 16) was interesting to read. The fact that there has been a 54 per cent increase in the number of accidents that are caused by people driving under the influence of alcohol is sad and painful. Drivers need to cooperate with the authorities and the government needs to educate the public with campaigns to help reduce accidents.

Drunk drivers, who are mostly men, are putting the lives of their wives and children in danger when they accompany them in the car.

This editorial was meaningful, and is helping to make people aware of this problem in society.

K Ragavan, Ajman



» Send to friend
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Article Published in Gulftoday.on 17.May.08.U.A.E.
May 17, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Idiot box, pure minds
RECENTLY, I visited a friend’s place merely for a courtesy call. After reaching his place I enquired about the well being of his family. The conversation continued for about an hour and ranged from traffic to inflation.

Suddenly, I realised I had not met or seen his children in the bygone sixty minutes.

I was informed that they were busy watching a famous cartoon series on television and wouldn’t like to be disturbed.

I requested my friend to call them as I had got some sweets for them and would like to hand it personally.

My plea probably felt on deaf ears. The real recipient of sweets didn’t arrive. Instead, I gave it to their parents and headed home.

Obviously, I don’t mind children watching television as there are plenty of benefits they can derive. But if this viewing addictive, then for sure it is a cause of worry. A big worry, infact.

K Ragavan





Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Letter Published in The National Abudhabi.U.A.E.On 16.May.08.
May 16, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Safety should come rst
The recent spate of fire accidents all over the UAE is very alarming. The loss in both financial and human terms is sad. This is all happening in spite of the civil defence authorities periodically checking businesses. The companies need to follow the rules of their insurance companies, and keep the necessary safety equipment in good working order. These precautionary measures are our best defence against fire risks. K Ragavan, Ajman

The recent spate of fire accidents all over the UAE is very alarming. The loss in both financial and human terms is sad. This is all happening in spite of the civil defence authorities periodically checking businesses. The companies need to follow the rules of their insurance companies, and keep the necessary safety equipment in good working order. These precautionary measures are our best defence against fire risks. K Ragavan, Ajman

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Article Published in Gulf today on December 15.07.u.a.e.
May 15, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Not easy to say goodbye

A couple of months ago, I received a number of phone calls from my friends congratulating me for a “million dirhams prize” from a reputed bank. I was wondering why I had not received any advice from that bank. Later, I realised that I had not taken any certificate from the bank.

Why were my friends wishing me? Well, the person who had won the prize bore my name. I informed my friends that if I had indeed won the prize, I would have called it a day and gone back to my country.

“Everyone says this, but no one will leave even if they win fantastic prizes,” was the refrain of most of my friends. One said how his acquaintance had actually won a huge prize, but stayed back.

“I am different,” I proclaimed, but deep in my heart, I knew that I too love UAE so much that it would be hard to say goodbye.

K. Ragavan

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Where is Human values.
May 14, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Dear Friends,

I have Been watching the TremondusGlobal Growth in all fields

VIZ,I.T,Sector,Banking industry,Tourism, New innovations in Pharmaceuticals, Real estate sector’s Booming and many other Fields.Growth is a welcomed one and at the same time Fast growth is not a Healthy Sign.Inspite of Developments and New innovations we can not stop the Nature’s Fury and Anger.We all have seen the Recent tragic Myanmar and china Earth quake and cyclone incidents.Despite of all the above factors we all lackone important factor,is Human values.Where is Human value.

Regards.

K.Ragavan.

Ajman.

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Article Published in Gulf today on 24.November.07.U.a.e.
May 14, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Never say ‘never’ again

There are occasions when we do not realise our own strengths.

I recently received a call from a friend working in a pharmaceutical company.

“We want to invite you as a judge for a drawing competition to be held in a school,” he said.

Surprised, I replied, “I am a low-profile elderly man. Why me?”

“Well, we attended a function recently where you gave a forceful speech,” the friend went on.

I could not believe myself. I have recently been attending a forum to develop communication and leadership qualities. I am writing this so that youngsters will realise as long as they have self-confidence, opportunities will flow in.

K.Ragavan

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Article published in Gulf today on 10.november. 07.U.A.E.
May 14, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Values still alive

A friend had purchased property in his hometown and wanted to share the happy news with me.

A couple of years ago he landed in the UAE and I was the first person to meet him at a restaurant in Karama.

I had suggested a good company and he got the job. Since then, he never failed to keep in touch with me. “I am leaving this great country for good as I have got a new assignment back home,” he said. “You were the first person I met when I came here. So I thought you should be the first person whose blessings I should take before taking the new assignment,” he said, choking with emotion.

I felt touched by the fact some people still respect human values in this rough and tough world.

K. Ragavan





Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Article published in Gulf today on 20.october.07.u.a.e.
May 14, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Honestly speaking

A friend called me from a popular mall in Sharjah recently and asked me to meet him. I was happy to call on him as I had not met him for a long time.

After attending a birthday party, we sat down for a chat when his 8-year-old son asked for Dhs5 from his dad to buy some toffee.

The father gave the money and we got deeply engrossed in a conversation. Around half an hour later, the son returned with two toffees and a chocolate box. Surprised, my friend asked him how he managed to get the other box as he had given only Dhs5.

His son explained that he had offered Dhs5 at the cash counter, but the cashier had given back Dhs48 by mistake instead of Dhs3. After the boy returned the excess money and informed the cashier that he had paid only Dhs5, the latter was so happy that he gave a chocolate box as a reward.

The proud father was happy that his lessons to his sons on the value of honesty paid off. Honesty is indeed the best policy.

K. Ragavan

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »

Article published in Gulf today on13.october.07.U.a.e.
May 14, 2008 by krishnamachari ragavan
Shophop

After a gap of 45 days, I decided to go with my family for shopping. We came to know that a new Dhs10-20 shop had opened in Rolla. We bargained and purchased some useful items.

After the purchases, my wife wanted to visit an old and famous shop in the same street. It was then that we realised that the new shop had actually come in the same place where the old one existed earlier. “The old shop was prominent, but increasing rent has taken its toll,” said a local resident. I felt sorry but moved on.

K. Ragavan

No comments: